Los Angeles Conservation Corps (LACC), a non-profit organization, is developing an “urban greening” plan for San Pedro. The draft elements of this plan will be unveiled at a workshop on Thursday, October 2, from 6:00-8:30 P.M. at Warner Grand Theatre (map). The timing of the workshop coincides with “First Thursdays,” an artwalk held in downtown San Pedro that features art galleries, food trucks, and entertainment.
LACC’s plan, in association with Clean San Pedro, a local non-profit focused on city-wide clean ups, and Melendrez Design Consultants, includes the following goals:
- Link downtown destination points to larger open space areas in San Pedro
- Modify green pathways and outlets in downtown San Pedro
- Provide green amenities with safe access
- Identify priority projects
- Identify next steps and resources
- Engage the community
For more information, read the full press release.