Grant Applications due by May 26, 2020 by 4pm PST – CLOSED
We at HCBF are excited to announce the launch of the Harbor Community COVID-19 Relief Fund for organizations that primarily serve the communities of Wilmington and San Pedro.
Organizations are able to apply for a one-time grant with an amount not to exceed $3,000. Note that HCBF reserves the right to offer grant awards for less than the requested amount based on scalability. Since HCBF is using discretionary funds not associated with the Port Community Mitigation Trust Fund (PCMTF), proposed projects are not required to relate to port impacts or mitigations.
This funding is for immediate pandemic related response efforts. Funds will support efforts related to:
- food, meals and other vital basic necessities
- technological infrastructure to help organizations follow COVID-19 guidelines (physical distancing) while also serving their mission
- ensuring equitable access to health services and information, and
- other urgent materials and services needed to help communities and organizations overcome barriers due to the pandemic.
For more information, please read the Request for Applications by clicking on the link below:
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants must have evidence of tax-exempt status in order to apply for funding. If applicant does not have tax-exempt status, it may apply under a fiscal sponsor.
Grantee (or Fiscal Sponsor) must be a tax-exempt organization, as listed under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, and not deemed a private foundation.
To qualify for Harbor Community Benefit Foundation’s 2020 COVID-19 Relief Fund grant support, your organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) or have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor.
- Serve vulnerable populations in Wilmington and/or San Pedro, CA, especially those disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 related hardships.
- Have a meaningful presence in the Harbor community.
Now Reviewing Applications
Thank you to all those who applied! HCBF Staff is currently reviewing submitted applications. For this one-time grant round, HCBF Staff will not be providing technical assistance.
Notifications of award status will be emailed by or before June 12th, 2020. Should you have any questions, please contact: Tamanna Rahman, Program Director via email (email@example.com) or phone (310-997-7116).
Last updated: June 3rd, 2020