HCBF hosted its first community workshop on Saturday, April 21st, 2018 at the Providence Little Wellness and Activity Center in Wilmington to share findings from the Harbor Community Off-Port Land Use Study.
The workshop was facilitated by Beth Altshuler from Raimi + Associates who structured the presentation and group activity to align with the key chapters of the study report:
- Public Health and Environmental Justice;
- Road and Rail Mobility, Safety and Infrastructure;
- Land Use;
- Hazardous and Polluting Land Uses;
- Access to Neighborhood Goods and Services;
- Employment and Real Estate; and
- Recommendations and Next Steps
It is HCBF’s plan to host other events to share findings from the San Pedro and Wilmington Noise Studies in addition to the Land Use study. Due to limited capacity and resources at this time, we would like to share all the materials we developed for the workshop. Other organizations interested in hosting a workshop for their own community can view the recorded presentations and use the supplementary materials to facilitate the discussion.
- PowerPoint Presentation Slides (English or Spanish)
- Audio Recording of Presentation with Slides (English or Spanish)
Group Activity Materials
- Instructions for Map Activity (English & Spanish)
- Discussion Questions & Notes Handout (English or Spanish)
Handouts Related to the Study
- Fact Sheet (English & Spanish)
- Executive Summary (English or Spanish)
- Introduction (English or Spanish)
- Recommendation (English or Spanish)
- Pathway Diagrams (English or Spanish)
- Sample Agenda (English or Spanish)
- Evaluation Form (English & Spanish)
- Sign-in Sheet (English & Spanish)
- Child-care Sign-in Sheet (English & Spanish)
Comments & Feedback
We would love to get feedback from local partners. To provide comments, you can contact Meghan (email@example.com) or Tamanna (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit your feedback online using this link, CLICK HERE.
Please note that this page will be updated. If you have any suggestions or comments, please contact HCBF. Thank you!