HCBF selected Raimi + Associates to complete a comprehensive off-Port land use impact study. The goal of the study was to understand the relationship between Port and Port-related land uses and various indicators of a healthy community in Wilmington and San Pedro, and to help HCBF and other community stakeholders identify unique opportunities for future community investment.
On November 6, 2017 HCBF released the Harbor Community Off-Port Land Use Study. An overview of the Off-Port Impact Land Use Study was presented at the 2017 Moving Forward Network Conference. Click HERE to view the presentation slides.
- Fact Sheet (English & Spanish)
- Executive Summary (English or Spanish)
- Introduction (English or Spanish)
- Recommendation (English or Spanish)
- Pathway Diagrams (English or Spanish)
Land Use Study Workshop
HCBF hosted a community workshop to share the study findings. We have shared a recording of the presentation (in both Spanish and English) and other resources from the workshop. CLICK HERE to view the Land Use Study Community Workshop webpage!
Here are some of HCBF’s near future plans for sharing the study:
- Conduct more presentations
- Create a Land Use Study Workshop Toolkit (in progress)
- Share with local Counsel District and Planning Department
- Share with local universities
This list serves only as a first step in dissemination of the study.
If you would like to provide suggestions, or if you have questions, please contact Meghan Reese (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tamanna Rahman (email@example.com). Anyone who is organizing an event and/or would like a shortened presentation of the land use study, please contact HCBF for more information.